Saturday, February 16, 2013

Okay... SERIOUSLY?!?



Have I pissed off some ancient Fertility Goddess?  Did I poop on Hera's cornflakes?   Forget to return Mama Quilla's call?  Accidentally take Nim-inna's name in vain?  'Cause it's only been 17 days.  SEVENTEEN FREAKING DAYS!! 

It's stress.  It's got to be.  I mean, I forgot to take my special herbal cyclical-extension remedy pill once last week, but that shouldn't throw me back to bloody wolves.  So it's stress.  I'm gearing up to tech week with Peter Pan, running around ragged, just started a new job... that's what it is.

Please, please, please...  I didn't mean it when I complained that it was only 23 days.  23 days would be just fine.  I LOVED my 23 day cycle - it was freaking awesome!!! 

I'm not asking for me - although easing up on the machete to my nether regions would be nice - I'm asking for David and Rissa.  They have to live with me and already suffer through those 36-48 hours of Heather Zombie every 23 days.  It's like The Walking/Curled up in the Fetal Position/Weeping Dead in our house during those hours.  There is a body stumbling around our house that looks like me and kinda sounds like me, but it ain't me.  David turns to me on Day 3 and says "It's so nice to have you back."

So I'm totally cool to go back to the 23 Day Cycle.  Just fine with me.  I'd say I will no longer complain, but anyone who knows me knows that's pretty much bullshit.   But if this is the alternative, I'll take the 23 Days.








3 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you, but this isn't at all uncommon for ladies our age. :-) Yeah, sucks. But it's just the way it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been noticing some more subtle changes in my own cycles, but for now I'm blame it on all the drugs I'm on! LOL, somehow while only slightly, believing that makes me feel better! Ah, and you're younger than me...I'm sorry you have to endure "the crappy unpredictables of the menses perimenopausal changes" so much earlier! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already went through the gates of hell and came out the other side.. saving grace was vitex that kept me from actually using the battle ready scimitars.

    ReplyDelete